Thursday 4 May 2017

Little To Big

When I was a child, I loved building with Lego. Dad built me a wooden box that I filled up with my Lego. Morning and night I would scratch around in that box looking for the right pieces to build cars, trucks, boats, houses, cities, etc. When I built my first crane, it was grand! It was four foot high with a long jib with a good counter balance at the other end. However, the motor could not lift the heavy cargo. Dad looked at what I created and saw the problem. It was with my gear wheels. I had put a big gear wheel from the motor that was driving the little gear wheel. Dad suggested to swap them around, and taught me the principle of "little to big". It worked! It is often the little things that make a big difference. Sometimes its good to start small because, as Paul Kelly wrote, "from little things big things grow".

No comments:

Post a Comment