Monday 3 April 2017

Look For The Positives


I struggled academically at school. Even though I tried, my marks were average. One year when I nervously handed dad my report, he opened it, and I could see his eyes running over the marks, and then dad said to me, "well son, you have good effort marks". Today, I smile at that comment because obviously, my academic marks weren't great! I'm sure mum and dad would have said something about my marks however I can only remember dad's positive comment, "you have good effort marks". In the height of the dark days of World War II, a song was written called, "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive". It has since been sung by many famous singers and used in several movies and commercials. What I learnt from dad was there are always positives among the negatives. We just have to look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment