When I was a teenager I saw dad writing a bunch of letters while we were on our family holiday. He told me that he takes time during his holidays to hand write letters to key staff thanking them for their support and work over the past year. He taught me, "Son, thank your people". I have since continued with this important lesson and people have really appreciated me taking time out to thank them while I was on holidays.
Thirty years of learning from one of Australia's great leaders - my dad. Rev Dr Gordon Moyes AC was CEO, Member of Parliament, TV and Radio Presenter, Author, and Family Man. This blog are the many principles that I've learnt from dad about leadership and life.
Wednesday, 15 June 2016
Thank Your People
When I was a teenager I saw dad writing a bunch of letters while we were on our family holiday. He told me that he takes time during his holidays to hand write letters to key staff thanking them for their support and work over the past year. He taught me, "Son, thank your people". I have since continued with this important lesson and people have really appreciated me taking time out to thank them while I was on holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment