Thursday 17 November 2016

To Love Your Children, Love Their Mother First

One of the first lessons dad taught me soon after the birth of our first child was "Son, if you really want to love your children, love their mother first". I have often thought about the relationship between my mum and dad. Dad was many things in public life but he always loved my mother and my mother showed sacrificial love back to him. This love for each other was shown through words, writings, faithfulness, deeds, and affection. This principle is challenging for divorced parents, so when possible speak to your children about the positives of your former spouse, not just the negatives. Parents who show love for one another instil security within their children, exhibit healthier ways to deal with hard times, and ultimately create happier memories. For me and my siblings, mum and dad gave us a wonderful model for marriage and in raising our children in loving environments. Thanks mum and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment